The Bottom Line
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic childrenâ€™s cups...
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups, its largest consumer recall in years. The culprit isn’t lead paint, though. Colorful animal faces on the cups have been breaking off when the cups are dropped, leaving sharp edges and small parts that have led to two choking incidents. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week