The Bottom Line
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic childrenâ€™s cups...
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups, its largest consumer recall in years. The culprit isn’t lead paint, though. Colorful animal faces on the cups have been breaking off when the cups are dropped, leaving sharp edges and small parts that have led to two choking incidents. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week