The Bottom Line
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups...
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups, its largest consumer recall in years. The culprit isn’t lead paint, though. Colorful animal faces on the cups have been breaking off when the cups are dropped, leaving sharp edges and small parts that have led to two choking incidents. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week