The Bottom Line
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups...
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups, its largest consumer recall in years. The culprit isn’t lead paint, though. Colorful animal faces on the cups have been breaking off when the cups are dropped, leaving sharp edges and small parts that have led to two choking incidents. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week