The Bottom Line
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic childrenâ€™s cups...
Coffee giant Starbucks recalled 250,000 Chinese-made plastic children’s cups, its largest consumer recall in years. The culprit isn’t lead paint, though. Colorful animal faces on the cups have been breaking off when the cups are dropped, leaving sharp edges and small parts that have led to two choking incidents. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week