Pop musicians are more likely to die young.
Pop musicians are more likely than the general population to die a premature death, according to a British study. In their first five years of fame, musicians die at three times the normal rate. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
Subscribe to the Week