Good Day, Bad Day
High-rolling New Yorkers, ad professionals
GOOD DAY FOR: High-rolling New Yorkers, as MGM Mirage announced plans to build a $5 billion casino, hotel, and retail complex in Atlantic City. One of the three towers in the massive resort will be reserved “for high rollers or those who are willing to pay to be treated like high rollers,” said MGM spokesman Gordon Absher. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Ad professionals, as Frito-Lay said it will feature an original song submitted by a consumer in one of its 2008 Super Bowl commercials. And unlike its successful DIY Doritos commercial contest in this last February’s Super Bowl, the song doesn’t even have to be about a Frito-Lay product. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week