Good Day, Bad Day
High-rolling New Yorkers, ad professionals
GOOD DAY FOR: High-rolling New Yorkers, as MGM Mirage announced plans to build a $5 billion casino, hotel, and retail complex in Atlantic City. One of the three towers in the massive resort will be reserved “for high rollers or those who are willing to pay to be treated like high rollers,” said MGM spokesman Gordon Absher. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Ad professionals, as Frito-Lay said it will feature an original song submitted by a consumer in one of its 2008 Super Bowl commercials. And unlike its successful DIY Doritos commercial contest in this last February’s Super Bowl, the song doesn’t even have to be about a Frito-Lay product. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week