Good Day, Bad Day
High-rolling New Yorkers, ad professionals
GOOD DAY FOR: High-rolling New Yorkers, as MGM Mirage announced plans to build a $5 billion casino, hotel, and retail complex in Atlantic City. One of the three towers in the massive resort will be reserved “for high rollers or those who are willing to pay to be treated like high rollers,” said MGM spokesman Gordon Absher. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Ad professionals, as Frito-Lay said it will feature an original song submitted by a consumer in one of its 2008 Super Bowl commercials. And unlike its successful DIY Doritos commercial contest in this last February’s Super Bowl, the song doesn’t even have to be about a Frito-Lay product. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week