Good Day, Bad Day
High-rolling New Yorkers, ad professionals
GOOD DAY FOR: High-rolling New Yorkers, as MGM Mirage announced plans to build a $5 billion casino, hotel, and retail complex in Atlantic City. One of the three towers in the massive resort will be reserved “for high rollers or those who are willing to pay to be treated like high rollers,” said MGM spokesman Gordon Absher. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Ad professionals, as Frito-Lay said it will feature an original song submitted by a consumer in one of its 2008 Super Bowl commercials. And unlike its successful DIY Doritos commercial contest in this last February’s Super Bowl, the song doesn’t even have to be about a Frito-Lay product. (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week