ood week for: The God squad, after the Vatican purchased a controlling interest in Italy’s AC Ancona soccer club and announced that the team and its fans would henceforth eschew taunting the opposition, cursing, and bribing officials. The team will soon receive a pep talk from Pope Benedict XVI.
Bad week for: Rushing to judgment, after a Florida woman was jailed for 50 days when police found a vial of a yellow substance in her purse. Cynthia Hunter, 38, insisted the vial contained dried cat urine purchased for her son’s science experiment, but cops didn’t buy it. A full lab test this week revealed that the vial contained . . . dried cat urine.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The executioners' lament
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
Subscribe to the Week