The opening of the massive, new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, which was scheduled for September, has been delayed until well into next year because of shoddy workmanship, poor planning, and internal disputes. The fortress-like, 21-building compound is expected to exceed its projected cost of $592 million by $144 million.
The Washington Post
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- China's massive pollution problem
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week