The opening of the massive, new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, which was scheduled for September, has been delayed until well into next year because of shoddy workmanship, poor planning, and internal disputes. The fortress-like, 21-building compound is expected to exceed its projected cost of $592 million by $144 million.
The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week