The opening of the massive, new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, which was scheduled for September, has been delayed until well into next year because of shoddy workmanship, poor planning, and internal disputes. The fortress-like, 21-building compound is expected to exceed its projected cost of $592 million by $144 million.
The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week