Lehman Brothers is expected to post its first loss since going public in 1994 when it reports its earnings in two weeks, and The Wall Street Journal reported that it will raise $3 billion to $4 billion in a stock offering. Lehman has already raised $6 billion since February. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week