Bagborroworsteal.com lends “new and vintage bags” from a number of designer labels at affordable prices. Pick your purse online, enjoy sporting it for a couple of weeks or a month, and return it when you want to change your look. Prices vary by label, and there’s the option to buy after you borrow.
Blingyourself.com “specializes in renting jewelry” you lust after but can’t afford. A vintage men’s Rolex can be “temporarily” yours for “$125 a week,” or just $100 for members—the “frequent-renter program” costs $10 a month or $100 a year.
Ideeli.com is an invitation-only site that sells those must-have accessories at “sample-sale prices.” Earlier this year, for instance, a “$2,390 Oscar de la Renta python suede satchel” could be had for the low price of $795.
Source: O magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week