Bagborroworsteal.com lends “new and vintage bags” from a number of designer labels at affordable prices. Pick your purse online, enjoy sporting it for a couple of weeks or a month, and return it when you want to change your look. Prices vary by label, and there’s the option to buy after you borrow.
Blingyourself.com “specializes in renting jewelry” you lust after but can’t afford. A vintage men’s Rolex can be “temporarily” yours for “$125 a week,” or just $100 for members—the “frequent-renter program” costs $10 a month or $100 a year.
Ideeli.com is an invitation-only site that sells those must-have accessories at “sample-sale prices.” Earlier this year, for instance, a “$2,390 Oscar de la Renta python suede satchel” could be had for the low price of $795.
Source: O magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week