Bagborroworsteal.com lends “new and vintage bags” from a number of designer labels at affordable prices. Pick your purse online, enjoy sporting it for a couple of weeks or a month, and return it when you want to change your look. Prices vary by label, and there’s the option to buy after you borrow.
Blingyourself.com “specializes in renting jewelry” you lust after but can’t afford. A vintage men’s Rolex can be “temporarily” yours for “$125 a week,” or just $100 for members—the “frequent-renter program” costs $10 a month or $100 a year.
Ideeli.com is an invitation-only site that sells those must-have accessories at “sample-sale prices.” Earlier this year, for instance, a “$2,390 Oscar de la Renta python suede satchel” could be had for the low price of $795.
Source: O magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week