Bagborroworsteal.com lends “new and vintage bags” from a number of designer labels at affordable prices. Pick your purse online, enjoy sporting it for a couple of weeks or a month, and return it when you want to change your look. Prices vary by label, and there’s the option to buy after you borrow.
Blingyourself.com “specializes in renting jewelry” you lust after but can’t afford. A vintage men’s Rolex can be “temporarily” yours for “$125 a week,” or just $100 for members—the “frequent-renter program” costs $10 a month or $100 a year.
Ideeli.com is an invitation-only site that sells those must-have accessories at “sample-sale prices.” Earlier this year, for instance, a “$2,390 Oscar de la Renta python suede satchel” could be had for the low price of $795.
Source: O magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week