Actor Verne Troyer, best known for his role as “Mini-Me” in the Austin Powers movies, is featured in a sex tape with his former live-in girlfriend, according to TMZ.com. Kevin Blatt, the man responsible for bringing the world the Paris Hilton sex tape, is reportedly set to offer $100,000 for distribution rights to the Troyer tape.
What the commentators said
“Yes, ladies and gentlemen,” said Julie Gordon in AM New York, “the newest celeb to join the ranks of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian is none other than Verne Troyer.” We know it must be hard having to “always play second fiddle to Mike Myers, but is this really the best way to land a starring role?”
“The irony is that Verne’s sex tape may actually be funnier—and make way more money—than Dr. Evil, a.k.a. Mike Myer’s latest cinematic effort The Love Guru,” said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times blog The Dish Rag. But be warned: “Your brain will never be the same after seeing this.”
“The sad thing is,” said Kevin Touch in the blog 2Snaps, “you know you are curious to see” this video. But “why have the sex tape gods forsaken us?” We’ve been “praying for a Lindsay Lohan sex video, or someone equally as good, and they give us Verne Troyer!”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week