OOD DAY FOR: An unlisted number, as an increase in the number of late loan payments is leading to increasingly aggressive debt collectors. Consumer complaints against collections agencies rose 20 percent in 2006 and 26 percent last year, according to the Better Business Bureau. There are about 6,500 collection agencies in the U.S.; some of them ignore federal anti-harassing rules. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A Busch family reunion, after Adolphus Busch IV, the uncle of Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV, is on an alternate slate of directors proposed by Belgium’s InBev in its hostile bid for the U.S. brewing giant. Anheuser-Busch rejected InBev’s $46 billion offer as too low. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week