GOOD DAY FOR: An unlisted number, as an increase in the number of late loan payments is leading to increasingly aggressive debt collectors. Consumer complaints against collections agencies rose 20 percent in 2006 and 26 percent last year, according to the Better Business Bureau. There are about 6,500 collection agencies in the U.S.; some of them ignore federal anti-harassing rules. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A Busch family reunion, after Adolphus Busch IV, the uncle of Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV, is on an alternate slate of directors proposed by Belgium’s InBev in its hostile bid for the U.S. brewing giant. Anheuser-Busch rejected InBev’s $46 billion offer as too low. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week