OOD DAY FOR: An unlisted number, as an increase in the number of late loan payments is leading to increasingly aggressive debt collectors. Consumer complaints against collections agencies rose 20 percent in 2006 and 26 percent last year, according to the Better Business Bureau. There are about 6,500 collection agencies in the U.S.; some of them ignore federal anti-harassing rules. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A Busch family reunion, after Adolphus Busch IV, the uncle of Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV, is on an alternate slate of directors proposed by Belgium’s InBev in its hostile bid for the U.S. brewing giant. Anheuser-Busch rejected InBev’s $46 billion offer as too low. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week