GOOD DAY FOR: An unlisted number, as an increase in the number of late loan payments is leading to increasingly aggressive debt collectors. Consumer complaints against collections agencies rose 20 percent in 2006 and 26 percent last year, according to the Better Business Bureau. There are about 6,500 collection agencies in the U.S.; some of them ignore federal anti-harassing rules. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A Busch family reunion, after Adolphus Busch IV, the uncle of Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV, is on an alternate slate of directors proposed by Belgium’s InBev in its hostile bid for the U.S. brewing giant. Anheuser-Busch rejected InBev’s $46 billion offer as too low. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week