OOD DAY FOR: An unlisted number, as an increase in the number of late loan payments is leading to increasingly aggressive debt collectors. Consumer complaints against collections agencies rose 20 percent in 2006 and 26 percent last year, according to the Better Business Bureau. There are about 6,500 collection agencies in the U.S.; some of them ignore federal anti-harassing rules. (CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A Busch family reunion, after Adolphus Busch IV, the uncle of Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV, is on an alternate slate of directors proposed by Belgium’s InBev in its hostile bid for the U.S. brewing giant. Anheuser-Busch rejected InBev’s $46 billion offer as too low. (MarketWatch)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week