hina Oilfield Services, a unit of state-run China National Offshore Oil Corp., agreed to buy Norway’s Awilco Offshore ASA for about $2.49 billion. The purchase price is 19 percent higher than Awilco’s closing price Friday. The purchase will increase China Oilfield’s fleet of offshore rigs to 22, from 15, and give it access to Awilco’s expertise. Oil rig rental rates are at record levels. (Bloomberg)
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Your financial to-do list for December
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week