The Bottom Line
Chrysler recruits top executive from Toyota.
Newly private Chrysler LLC hired Toyota’s top U.S. executive, James Press, to be its president and vice chairman. The hiring of Press, who helped lead Toyota past Chrysler and Ford to become the No. 2 U.S. automaker, is seen as a big coup for Cerberus Capital Management, Chrysler's new owner. (The Washington Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week