Microsoft said it was open to renewing its bid for Yahoo’s search business, or even the entire company, if shareholders replace the Yahoo board with an alternate slate proposed by investor Carl Icahn. The endorsement lends heft to Icahn’s proposed boardroom coup, and follows frequent discussions between Icahn and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Yahoo’s annual meeting is Aug. 1. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week