Microsoft said it was open to renewing its bid for Yahoo’s search business, or even the entire company, if shareholders replace the Yahoo board with an alternate slate proposed by investor Carl Icahn. The endorsement lends heft to Icahn’s proposed boardroom coup, and follows frequent discussions between Icahn and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Yahoo’s annual meeting is Aug. 1. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week