Microsoft said it was open to renewing its bid for Yahoo’s search business, or even the entire company, if shareholders replace the Yahoo board with an alternate slate proposed by investor Carl Icahn. The endorsement lends heft to Icahn’s proposed boardroom coup, and follows frequent discussions between Icahn and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Yahoo’s annual meeting is Aug. 1. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 15 harsh things critics said about The Nutcracker after its 1892 premiere
Subscribe to the Week