Microsoft said it was open to renewing its bid for Yahoo’s search business, or even the entire company, if shareholders replace the Yahoo board with an alternate slate proposed by investor Carl Icahn. The endorsement lends heft to Icahn’s proposed boardroom coup, and follows frequent discussions between Icahn and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Yahoo’s annual meeting is Aug. 1. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week