Google will earn about $200 million in ad revenue from YouTube this year, falling short of its expectations, The Wall Street Journal reported. The shortfall is due largely to a smaller number of YouTube clips Google is selling ads next to, because of copyright infringement issues, the Journal said. Google is facing several lawsuits over alleged copyright violations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week