Google will earn about $200 million in ad revenue from YouTube this year, falling short of its expectations, The Wall Street Journal reported. The shortfall is due largely to a smaller number of YouTube clips Google is selling ads next to, because of copyright infringement issues, the Journal said. Google is facing several lawsuits over alleged copyright violations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week