Google will earn about $200 million in ad revenue from YouTube this year, falling short of its expectations, The Wall Street Journal reported. The shortfall is due largely to a smaller number of YouTube clips Google is selling ads next to, because of copyright infringement issues, the Journal said. Google is facing several lawsuits over alleged copyright violations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week