Google will earn about $200 million in ad revenue from YouTube this year, falling short of its expectations, The Wall Street Journal reported. The shortfall is due largely to a smaller number of YouTube clips Google is selling ads next to, because of copyright infringement issues, the Journal said. Google is facing several lawsuits over alleged copyright violations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week