Google will earn about $200 million in ad revenue from YouTube this year, falling short of its expectations, The Wall Street Journal reported. The shortfall is due largely to a smaller number of YouTube clips Google is selling ads next to, because of copyright infringement issues, the Journal said. Google is facing several lawsuits over alleged copyright violations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week