ustralian scientists recently diagnosed a 17-year-old with "climate change delusion," said Andrew Bolt in the Australian Herald Sun. "But never mind the poor boy, who became too terrified even to drink." It's even scarier that our Government seems to "suffer" from this same condition, calling for immediate action on carbon pollution.
The backlash against evidence of climate change as fear-mongering is just "thoughtless commentary," said Scienceblog's Corpus Callosum blog. The physicians who wrote the case report were "[describing] manifestations of illness." This case is about a sick teenager, not about the extensive debate on climate change.
But it does raise questions about "green fatigue" in the general public, said Osman Aziz on The Institute for Trade, Standards, and Sustainable Development's blog. Global warming is a reality, but we suffer from "the feeling that no matter what we do, it will never be enough."
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week