In a reversal of its earlier stance, U.S. beer giant Anheuser-Busch is in active talks to sell itself to Belgium’s InBev, The New York Times reported. InBev reportedly agreed to raise its $65-a-share bid for the company. Also, leading shareholders like Warren Buffett were leaning toward backing InBev in the brewing hostile takeover battle. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week