n a reversal of its earlier stance, U.S. beer giant Anheuser-Busch is in active talks to sell itself to Belgium’s InBev, The New York Times reported. InBev reportedly agreed to raise its $65-a-share bid for the company. Also, leading shareholders like Warren Buffett were leaning toward backing InBev in the brewing hostile takeover battle. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week