n a reversal of its earlier stance, U.S. beer giant Anheuser-Busch is in active talks to sell itself to Belgium’s InBev, The New York Times reported. InBev reportedly agreed to raise its $65-a-share bid for the company. Also, leading shareholders like Warren Buffett were leaning toward backing InBev in the brewing hostile takeover battle. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week