In a reversal of its earlier stance, U.S. beer giant Anheuser-Busch is in active talks to sell itself to Belgium’s InBev, The New York Times reported. InBev reportedly agreed to raise its $65-a-share bid for the company. Also, leading shareholders like Warren Buffett were leaning toward backing InBev in the brewing hostile takeover battle. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week