Ethan Hawke married his children's former nanny, Ryan Shawhughes, last month in New York City. The couple is also expecting a baby girl. Hawke, star of Training Day and Dead Poets Society, was previously married to Uma Thurman, with whom he has two children. (AP)
What the commentators said
It's still hard to believe that Hawke threw away his "dream life," said Ian McShane on celebrity blog Holy Moly! The man cheated on Uma Thurman—Uma Thurman—and left her for "the fat-faced nanny." What was he thinking?
A friend of the couple has said they're incredibly in love and excited about their daughter, said celebrity blog Celebritique. Who cares what the gossip mill has to say about them? They sound very happy, so "congrats to the both of them!"
Coincidentally, Hawke and Shawhughes married just after Uma Thurman announced her engagement to multi-billionaire Arpad Busson, said gossip site Stupid Celebrities. It looks like everyone is moving on.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week