Ethan Hawke married his children's former nanny, Ryan Shawhughes, last month in New York City. The couple is also expecting a baby girl. Hawke, star of Training Day and Dead Poets Society, was previously married to Uma Thurman, with whom he has two children. (AP)
What the commentators said
It's still hard to believe that Hawke threw away his "dream life," said Ian McShane on celebrity blog Holy Moly! The man cheated on Uma Thurman—Uma Thurman—and left her for "the fat-faced nanny." What was he thinking?
A friend of the couple has said they're incredibly in love and excited about their daughter, said celebrity blog Celebritique. Who cares what the gossip mill has to say about them? They sound very happy, so "congrats to the both of them!"
Coincidentally, Hawke and Shawhughes married just after Uma Thurman announced her engagement to multi-billionaire Arpad Busson, said gossip site Stupid Celebrities. It looks like everyone is moving on.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week