Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, 61, is living with an 18-year-old Russian bartender, according to a report in the UK's Sun. Ekaterina Ivanova, who is staying with the rocker at his home in Ireland, claims that she and Wood are involved in a romantic relationship and that he has left his wife of 23 years, Jo. (The Sun)
What the commentators said
Ivanova and Wood supposedly went to Ireland for a "painting holdiay," said tabloid commentary site Anorak. That's totally possible: She's probably old enough now for "painting by numbers."
Jo Wood actually buys the painting holiday story, said celebrity buzz site Showbiz Spy, and "has strongly denied the reports" that her husband and Ivanova are romantically involved. Jo did, however, call Ivanova "mad," adding that she's a "terrible alcoholic."
Ronnie Wood's an alcoholic, said celebrity gossip site Now, and he's "fallen off the wagon and is drinking two bottles of vodka a day." The teenage bargirl became his drinking buddy, but even Ronnie's friends "deny there's anything going on." So he's definitely a relapsed boozer, but probably not an adulterer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week