ehman Brothers executives are seriously considering a plan to take the investment bank private, according to unidentified sources. Lehman shares, down 79 percent this year, have been battered by insolvency rumors. Lehman employees already own about 30 percent of outstanding stock. (New York Post) Analysts said European banks, like HSBC or Deutsche Bank, were the most likely bidders if Lehman put itself for sale. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week