ehman Brothers executives are seriously considering a plan to take the investment bank private, according to unidentified sources. Lehman shares, down 79 percent this year, have been battered by insolvency rumors. Lehman employees already own about 30 percent of outstanding stock. (New York Post) Analysts said European banks, like HSBC or Deutsche Bank, were the most likely bidders if Lehman put itself for sale. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week