dvanced Micro Devices, the No. 2 computer chip maker, promoted chief operating officer Dirk Meyers to CEO, pushing CEO Hector Ruiz out and up to executive chairman. Ruiz was CEO for six years, and was AMD’s second chief executive. AMD posted a worse-than-expected $1.2 billion loss yesterday, its seventh straight quarter in the red. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week