Advanced Micro Devices, the No. 2 computer chip maker, promoted chief operating officer Dirk Meyers to CEO, pushing CEO Hector Ruiz out and up to executive chairman. Ruiz was CEO for six years, and was AMD’s second chief executive. AMD posted a worse-than-expected $1.2 billion loss yesterday, its seventh straight quarter in the red. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week