dvanced Micro Devices, the No. 2 computer chip maker, promoted chief operating officer Dirk Meyers to CEO, pushing CEO Hector Ruiz out and up to executive chairman. Ruiz was CEO for six years, and was AMD’s second chief executive. AMD posted a worse-than-expected $1.2 billion loss yesterday, its seventh straight quarter in the red. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
Subscribe to the Week