Advanced Micro Devices, the No. 2 computer chip maker, promoted chief operating officer Dirk Meyers to CEO, pushing CEO Hector Ruiz out and up to executive chairman. Ruiz was CEO for six years, and was AMD’s second chief executive. AMD posted a worse-than-expected $1.2 billion loss yesterday, its seventh straight quarter in the red. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week