Yahoo reached a deal with activist investor Carl Icanh that will give Icahn and two of his slate of directors a slot on Yahoo’s expanded 11-member board, along with eight current board members. In return, Icahn will not try to unseat the current board at Yahoo’s Aug. 1 shareholder meeting. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week