OOD DAY FOR: Slowly plugging in, after utility firm executives said the U.S. power grid can handle a gradual switch to rechargeable hybrid electric cars. Rechargeable cars consume about four times the electricity of plasma TVs, but utilities say their recent ramping up of capacity to accommodate the switch to energy-hogging plasma screens has assured them that a plug-in car changeover is doable, too. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Founding Fathers, as brokerage firm Charles Schwab Corp. is replacing founder Charles Schwab as CEO, promoting president and COO Walter Bettinger II. Schwab, 70, will stay on as chairman. (MarketWatch) Charitable food brand Newman’s Own may be facing a similar transition, as founder Paul Newman, 83, is reportedly battling cancer. (Fortune in CNNMoney.com)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- The Black Death is back
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week