federal judge sentenced “Spam King” Robert Soloway to almost four years in prison for sending out more than 90 million unwanted e-mails. Soloway is the second person sentenced under the Can-Spam Act. Soloway told the judge he sent the spam to support his lavish lifestyle; prosecutors had asked for nine years, to send a message that “the financial and societal costs of this crime are immense” and will be punished. (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- How marriage has changed over centuries
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
Subscribe to the Week