federal judge sentenced “Spam King” Robert Soloway to almost four years in prison for sending out more than 90 million unwanted e-mails. Soloway is the second person sentenced under the Can-Spam Act. Soloway told the judge he sent the spam to support his lavish lifestyle; prosecutors had asked for nine years, to send a message that “the financial and societal costs of this crime are immense” and will be punished. (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week