federal judge sentenced “Spam King” Robert Soloway to almost four years in prison for sending out more than 90 million unwanted e-mails. Soloway is the second person sentenced under the Can-Spam Act. Soloway told the judge he sent the spam to support his lavish lifestyle; prosecutors had asked for nine years, to send a message that “the financial and societal costs of this crime are immense” and will be punished. (Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week