Reese Witherspoon made Jake Gyllenhaal agree to a list of household rules before allowing him to move in with her, said Star magazine. The actors have been dating for about a year, but when Gyllenhaal wanted to settle down with Witherspoon, he had to accept her terms. “He has to take off his shoes when he’s in the house; trash must be taken out when the can is three-quarters full; and no feet on the coffee table,” a source told the magazine. He also may not use curse words.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week