Reese Witherspoon made Jake Gyllenhaal agree to a list of household rules before allowing him to move in with her, said Star magazine. The actors have been dating for about a year, but when Gyllenhaal wanted to settle down with Witherspoon, he had to accept her terms. “He has to take off his shoes when he’s in the house; trash must be taken out when the can is three-quarters full; and no feet on the coffee table,” a source told the magazine. He also may not use curse words.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week