OOD DAY FOR: Net gains, as China has now surpassed the U.S. as the nation with the most people connected to the Internet, with 253 million people online. That’s a 56 percent jump over a year ago. Still, only 19.1 percent of the Chinese public is plugged in, where the U.S. has 71 percent of its population, or 223.1 million, online. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Playing nice, after Hasbro filed a federal copyright infringement suit against the deveolpers of Scrabulous, a Scrabble-like game played by 512,961 Facebook users. Earlier this month, Hasbro launched a beta version of an official Facebook Scrabble game, developed by Electronic Arts. It has 8,862 active Facebook players so far. (Los Angeles Times)
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week