GOOD DAY FOR: Net gains, as China has now surpassed the U.S. as the nation with the most people connected to the Internet, with 253 million people online. That’s a 56 percent jump over a year ago. Still, only 19.1 percent of the Chinese public is plugged in, where the U.S. has 71 percent of its population, or 223.1 million, online. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Playing nice, after Hasbro filed a federal copyright infringement suit against the deveolpers of Scrabulous, a Scrabble-like game played by 512,961 Facebook users. Earlier this month, Hasbro launched a beta version of an official Facebook Scrabble game, developed by Electronic Arts. It has 8,862 active Facebook players so far. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week