Post Ranch Inn
Big Sur, Calif.
Post Ranch is “a regular presence on lists of top luxury hotels, best spas, and most-romantic getaways,” said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Add “most ecological” to the list. At the luxurious retreat, a half-day’s drive from Los Angeles, all food served is organic, all wine is biodynamic, and everything left over is recycled or composted. Ten new wooden cottages recently have been added to the original 30 nestled among the redwood-lined cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Such eco-luxury isn’t cheap: Room rates range from $550 to $2,185—“some of the country’s highest.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week