Post Ranch Inn
Big Sur, Calif.
Post Ranch is “a regular presence on lists of top luxury hotels, best spas, and most-romantic getaways,” said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Add “most ecological” to the list. At the luxurious retreat, a half-day’s drive from Los Angeles, all food served is organic, all wine is biodynamic, and everything left over is recycled or composted. Ten new wooden cottages recently have been added to the original 30 nestled among the redwood-lined cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Such eco-luxury isn’t cheap: Room rates range from $550 to $2,185—“some of the country’s highest.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week