Post Ranch Inn
Big Sur, Calif.
Post Ranch is “a regular presence on lists of top luxury hotels, best spas, and most-romantic getaways,” said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Add “most ecological” to the list. At the luxurious retreat, a half-day’s drive from Los Angeles, all food served is organic, all wine is biodynamic, and everything left over is recycled or composted. Ten new wooden cottages recently have been added to the original 30 nestled among the redwood-lined cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Such eco-luxury isn’t cheap: Room rates range from $550 to $2,185—“some of the country’s highest.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
Subscribe to the Week