ost Ranch Inn
Big Sur, Calif.
Post Ranch is “a regular presence on lists of top luxury hotels, best spas, and most-romantic getaways,” said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Add “most ecological” to the list. At the luxurious retreat, a half-day’s drive from Los Angeles, all food served is organic, all wine is biodynamic, and everything left over is recycled or composted. Ten new wooden cottages recently have been added to the original 30 nestled among the redwood-lined cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Such eco-luxury isn’t cheap: Room rates range from $550 to $2,185—“some of the country’s highest.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Captain America won over China
- Out and proud: Heroic portraits of America's transgender community
Subscribe to the Week