Post Ranch Inn
Big Sur, Calif.
Post Ranch is “a regular presence on lists of top luxury hotels, best spas, and most-romantic getaways,” said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Add “most ecological” to the list. At the luxurious retreat, a half-day’s drive from Los Angeles, all food served is organic, all wine is biodynamic, and everything left over is recycled or composted. Ten new wooden cottages recently have been added to the original 30 nestled among the redwood-lined cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Such eco-luxury isn’t cheap: Room rates range from $550 to $2,185—“some of the country’s highest.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week