he average national price for unleaded gas has fallen 12 cents in two weeks, to just below $4 a gallon, the Lundberg Survey said. Lundberg attributed the decline to the falling price of crude oil. “It is good that we are a under 4 dollars a gallon,” said Trilby Lundberg. “But it is the drop of 12 cents that really counts.” Anchorage had the highest price in the survey, at $4.43 a gallon. (CNN) AAA said gas dropped another cent over the weekend, to $3.97 a gallon. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week