The average national price for unleaded gas has fallen 12 cents in two weeks, to just below $4 a gallon, the Lundberg Survey said. Lundberg attributed the decline to the falling price of crude oil. “It is good that we are a under 4 dollars a gallon,” said Trilby Lundberg. “But it is the drop of 12 cents that really counts.” Anchorage had the highest price in the survey, at $4.43 a gallon. (CNN) AAA said gas dropped another cent over the weekend, to $3.97 a gallon. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week