Alcatel-Lucent CEO Patricia Russo and Chairman Serge Tchuruk are stepping down from the company they merged together, as it reported its sixth straight quarterly loss. Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said today that it lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Its shares are down 62 percent since the merger of France’s Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent in November 2006. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week