Alcatel-Lucent CEO Patricia Russo and Chairman Serge Tchuruk are stepping down from the company they merged together, as it reported its sixth straight quarterly loss. Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said today that it lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Its shares are down 62 percent since the merger of France’s Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent in November 2006. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week