lcatel-Lucent CEO Patricia Russo and Chairman Serge Tchuruk are stepping down from the company they merged together, as it reported its sixth straight quarterly loss. Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said today that it lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Its shares are down 62 percent since the merger of France’s Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent in November 2006. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week