Alcatel-Lucent CEO Patricia Russo and Chairman Serge Tchuruk are stepping down from the company they merged together, as it reported its sixth straight quarterly loss. Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said today that it lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Its shares are down 62 percent since the merger of France’s Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent in November 2006. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week