Alcatel-Lucent CEO Patricia Russo and Chairman Serge Tchuruk are stepping down from the company they merged together, as it reported its sixth straight quarterly loss. Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said today that it lost $1.7 billion last quarter. Its shares are down 62 percent since the merger of France’s Alcatel and U.S.-based Lucent in November 2006. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week