ood week for:
Man bites dog, after 11-year-old Gabriel Almeida of Brazil saved himself from a pit bull attack by sinking his teeth into the canine’s neck. The boy is now a national hero.
Supplemental income, after Mick Jagger turned 65, becoming eligible for a state pension of $180 a week.
The 9-year-old girl formerly known as Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii, after a New Zealand judge ordered her legally renamed, citing “the very poor judgment” of her parents.
Bad week for:
Antoinette Bowser of Virginia, who began her driving test by backing into a parked car in the parking lot of the Department of Motor Vehicles, allegedly injuring the test instructor. To cover the instructor’s workers-compensation claim, the state is now suing Bowser for $75,000.
The getaway, after police arrested Sean Gallagher of Illinois on charges he robbed the same gas station three times in recent months. After the third robbery, a gas station employee pointed Gallagher out to police as he walked to his home, which is 200 yards away.
Claustrophobia, after a drunken British woman coming home from vacation in Greece tried to open the door of a charter plane at 33,000 feet. “Apparently she wanted to catch some fresh air,” said police.
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
Subscribe to the Week