Which region of the country is the most religious? Which is the least?
Americans who live in the Western U.S. are less likely to believe in God than those living elsewhere. 86% of Southerners say they believe in God, compared to 83% in the Midwest, 80% in the East, and 59% in the West.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week