Which region of the country is the most religious? Which is the least?
Americans who live in the Western U.S. are less likely to believe in God than those living elsewhere. 86% of Southerners say they believe in God, compared to 83% in the Midwest, 80% in the East, and 59% in the West.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week