Which region of the country is the most religious? Which is the least?
Americans who live in the Western U.S. are less likely to believe in God than those living elsewhere. 86% of Southerners say they believe in God, compared to 83% in the Midwest, 80% in the East, and 59% in the West.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week