London West Hollywood
You have to like a hotel whose hospitality ambassador is an English bulldog, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Even better, talented but foulmouthed British chef Gordon Ramsey runs the restaurant at London West Hollywood. Formerly known as the Wyndham Bel-Age, this swank, 200-room hotel on the Sunset Strip has “spacious, smart, and beautifully designed” suites, offers “innovative room service,” and is within walking distance of many entertainment venues. Sun worshipers can relax in the glassed-in rooftop pool. You can watch a movie on the high-definition, flat-screen TV while lounging in a bathtub “big enough for a lifetime supply of gin.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week