London West Hollywood
You have to like a hotel whose hospitality ambassador is an English bulldog, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Even better, talented but foulmouthed British chef Gordon Ramsey runs the restaurant at London West Hollywood. Formerly known as the Wyndham Bel-Age, this swank, 200-room hotel on the Sunset Strip has “spacious, smart, and beautifully designed” suites, offers “innovative room service,” and is within walking distance of many entertainment venues. Sun worshipers can relax in the glassed-in rooftop pool. You can watch a movie on the high-definition, flat-screen TV while lounging in a bathtub “big enough for a lifetime supply of gin.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week