London West Hollywood
You have to like a hotel whose hospitality ambassador is an English bulldog, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Even better, talented but foulmouthed British chef Gordon Ramsey runs the restaurant at London West Hollywood. Formerly known as the Wyndham Bel-Age, this swank, 200-room hotel on the Sunset Strip has “spacious, smart, and beautifully designed” suites, offers “innovative room service,” and is within walking distance of many entertainment venues. Sun worshipers can relax in the glassed-in rooftop pool. You can watch a movie on the high-definition, flat-screen TV while lounging in a bathtub “big enough for a lifetime supply of gin.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How names influence our destinies
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
Subscribe to the Week