London West Hollywood
You have to like a hotel whose hospitality ambassador is an English bulldog, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. Even better, talented but foulmouthed British chef Gordon Ramsey runs the restaurant at London West Hollywood. Formerly known as the Wyndham Bel-Age, this swank, 200-room hotel on the Sunset Strip has “spacious, smart, and beautifully designed” suites, offers “innovative room service,” and is within walking distance of many entertainment venues. Sun worshipers can relax in the glassed-in rooftop pool. You can watch a movie on the high-definition, flat-screen TV while lounging in a bathtub “big enough for a lifetime supply of gin.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week