o Lima for less
LAN Airline’s short stays in Lima, Peru, start at $608 per person double. Includes round-trip airfare from Miami, three nights at the Hotel Mariel, breakfasts, and taxes. Book by Aug. 14 for travel between Aug. 16 and Dec. 9.
Kids ride free
Through September, Canada’s VIA Rail will let children age 11 or younger ride free. Prices vary for routes from Victoria in the west to Halifax in the east. Tickets must be purchased along with an adult fare.
Gate 1’s 13-day trips across Turkey in February and March start at $1,269 per person. A seven-city tour includes stops at Ankara and the ancient site of Troy. Includes accommodations, some meals, and round-trip air from New York City to Istanbul.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- The secrets of happy families
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why America's new love affair with saving is not great economic news
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
Subscribe to the Week