To Lima for less
LAN Airline’s short stays in Lima, Peru, start at $608 per person double. Includes round-trip airfare from Miami, three nights at the Hotel Mariel, breakfasts, and taxes. Book by Aug. 14 for travel between Aug. 16 and Dec. 9.
Kids ride free
Through September, Canada’s VIA Rail will let children age 11 or younger ride free. Prices vary for routes from Victoria in the west to Halifax in the east. Tickets must be purchased along with an adult fare.
Gate 1’s 13-day trips across Turkey in February and March start at $1,269 per person. A seven-city tour includes stops at Ankara and the ancient site of Troy. Includes accommodations, some meals, and round-trip air from New York City to Istanbul.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week