To Lima for less
LAN Airline’s short stays in Lima, Peru, start at $608 per person double. Includes round-trip airfare from Miami, three nights at the Hotel Mariel, breakfasts, and taxes. Book by Aug. 14 for travel between Aug. 16 and Dec. 9.
Kids ride free
Through September, Canada’s VIA Rail will let children age 11 or younger ride free. Prices vary for routes from Victoria in the west to Halifax in the east. Tickets must be purchased along with an adult fare.
Gate 1’s 13-day trips across Turkey in February and March start at $1,269 per person. A seven-city tour includes stops at Ankara and the ancient site of Troy. Includes accommodations, some meals, and round-trip air from New York City to Istanbul.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week