To Lima for less
LAN Airline’s short stays in Lima, Peru, start at $608 per person double. Includes round-trip airfare from Miami, three nights at the Hotel Mariel, breakfasts, and taxes. Book by Aug. 14 for travel between Aug. 16 and Dec. 9.
Kids ride free
Through September, Canada’s VIA Rail will let children age 11 or younger ride free. Prices vary for routes from Victoria in the west to Halifax in the east. Tickets must be purchased along with an adult fare.
Gate 1’s 13-day trips across Turkey in February and March start at $1,269 per person. A seven-city tour includes stops at Ankara and the ancient site of Troy. Includes accommodations, some meals, and round-trip air from New York City to Istanbul.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week