To Lima for less
LAN Airline’s short stays in Lima, Peru, start at $608 per person double. Includes round-trip airfare from Miami, three nights at the Hotel Mariel, breakfasts, and taxes. Book by Aug. 14 for travel between Aug. 16 and Dec. 9.
Kids ride free
Through September, Canada’s VIA Rail will let children age 11 or younger ride free. Prices vary for routes from Victoria in the west to Halifax in the east. Tickets must be purchased along with an adult fare.
Gate 1’s 13-day trips across Turkey in February and March start at $1,269 per person. A seven-city tour includes stops at Ankara and the ancient site of Troy. Includes accommodations, some meals, and round-trip air from New York City to Istanbul.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- These vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons offer a delightful glimpse into pop culture past
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week