Florida’s First Priority Bank became the eighth U.S. bank to fail this year, as federal regulators took over late Friday. Sun Trust agreed to take on First Priority customers’ deposits, and all First Priority locations will open today as Sun Trust branches. First Priority was small, with assets of $259 million and total deposits of $227 million as of June. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
Subscribe to the Week