Florida’s First Priority Bank became the eighth U.S. bank to fail this year, as federal regulators took over late Friday. Sun Trust agreed to take on First Priority customers’ deposits, and all First Priority locations will open today as Sun Trust branches. First Priority was small, with assets of $259 million and total deposits of $227 million as of June. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week