Florida’s First Priority Bank became the eighth U.S. bank to fail this year, as federal regulators took over late Friday. Sun Trust agreed to take on First Priority customers’ deposits, and all First Priority locations will open today as Sun Trust branches. First Priority was small, with assets of $259 million and total deposits of $227 million as of June. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week