Florida’s First Priority Bank became the eighth U.S. bank to fail this year, as federal regulators took over late Friday. Sun Trust agreed to take on First Priority customers’ deposits, and all First Priority locations will open today as Sun Trust branches. First Priority was small, with assets of $259 million and total deposits of $227 million as of June. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
Subscribe to the Week