Florida’s First Priority Bank became the eighth U.S. bank to fail this year, as federal regulators took over late Friday. Sun Trust agreed to take on First Priority customers’ deposits, and all First Priority locations will open today as Sun Trust branches. First Priority was small, with assets of $259 million and total deposits of $227 million as of June. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week