OOD DAY FOR: Ordering decaf, as Starbucks is rolling out a month-long promotion today in which people who buy a drink in the morning can purchase any 16-ounce iced drink after 2 pm for $2. An iced latte of that size normally costs about $4. Customers need to show a receipt proving they bought a drink that morning. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Cold comfort, after Jet Blue said it will now charge $7 for a blanket and pillow on flights longer than two hours. Passengers will be able to take the “eco-friendly” bedding home with them, and the purchase includes a $5 coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. It is the latest effort by an airline to pass on some of the higher price of fuel. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week