GOOD DAY FOR: Ordering decaf, as Starbucks is rolling out a month-long promotion today in which people who buy a drink in the morning can purchase any 16-ounce iced drink after 2 pm for $2. An iced latte of that size normally costs about $4. Customers need to show a receipt proving they bought a drink that morning. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Cold comfort, after Jet Blue said it will now charge $7 for a blanket and pillow on flights longer than two hours. Passengers will be able to take the “eco-friendly” bedding home with them, and the purchase includes a $5 coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. It is the latest effort by an airline to pass on some of the higher price of fuel. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week