GOOD DAY FOR: Ordering decaf, as Starbucks is rolling out a month-long promotion today in which people who buy a drink in the morning can purchase any 16-ounce iced drink after 2 pm for $2. An iced latte of that size normally costs about $4. Customers need to show a receipt proving they bought a drink that morning. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Cold comfort, after Jet Blue said it will now charge $7 for a blanket and pillow on flights longer than two hours. Passengers will be able to take the “eco-friendly” bedding home with them, and the purchase includes a $5 coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. It is the latest effort by an airline to pass on some of the higher price of fuel. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week