GOOD DAY FOR: Ordering decaf, as Starbucks is rolling out a month-long promotion today in which people who buy a drink in the morning can purchase any 16-ounce iced drink after 2 pm for $2. An iced latte of that size normally costs about $4. Customers need to show a receipt proving they bought a drink that morning. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Cold comfort, after Jet Blue said it will now charge $7 for a blanket and pillow on flights longer than two hours. Passengers will be able to take the “eco-friendly” bedding home with them, and the purchase includes a $5 coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond. It is the latest effort by an airline to pass on some of the higher price of fuel. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week