he price of crude oil fell almost $2 a barrel early today, to below $120 a barrel, in New York trading. The stronger U.S. dollar and expectations of weaker U.S. consumer spending weighed on the price of oil. (AP in Yahoo! Finance) The price of gas in the U.S. has fallen, too, to an average $3.88 a gallon, the Energy Department said yesterday. That’s the lowest price since May 19. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Can Paul Ryan's poverty blitz survive contact with reality?
Subscribe to the Week