The price of crude oil fell almost $2 a barrel early today, to below $120 a barrel, in New York trading. The stronger U.S. dollar and expectations of weaker U.S. consumer spending weighed on the price of oil. (AP in Yahoo! Finance) The price of gas in the U.S. has fallen, too, to an average $3.88 a gallon, the Energy Department said yesterday. That’s the lowest price since May 19. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week