The price of crude oil fell almost $2 a barrel early today, to below $120 a barrel, in New York trading. The stronger U.S. dollar and expectations of weaker U.S. consumer spending weighed on the price of oil. (AP in Yahoo! Finance) The price of gas in the U.S. has fallen, too, to an average $3.88 a gallon, the Energy Department said yesterday. That’s the lowest price since May 19. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week