The price of crude oil fell almost $2 a barrel early today, to below $120 a barrel, in New York trading. The stronger U.S. dollar and expectations of weaker U.S. consumer spending weighed on the price of oil. (AP in Yahoo! Finance) The price of gas in the U.S. has fallen, too, to an average $3.88 a gallon, the Energy Department said yesterday. That’s the lowest price since May 19. (Los Angeles Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week