OOD DAY FOR: Preboarding, as JetBlue is asking 1,000 of its frequent flyers to show up at its new Terminal 5 at New York’s JFK airport to check in and go through security, then go home. The mock check-ins are designed to help JetBlue avoid the massive, costly, baggage-malfunction-driven delays that hit British Airways’ new Heathrow Terminal 5. JetBlue’s Terminal 5 is slated to open in September. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Rolex dealers, as Wall Street bankers’ hefty bonuses will be cut by up to 45 percent this year, according to compensation consultancy Johnson Associates. Senior management will see the biggest percentage cuts, Johnson forecast, as banks bleed money and most Americans pinch pennies. Hedge fund managers and real estate brokers can look for 10- to 15-percent cuts. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week