OOD DAY FOR: Preboarding, as JetBlue is asking 1,000 of its frequent flyers to show up at its new Terminal 5 at New York’s JFK airport to check in and go through security, then go home. The mock check-ins are designed to help JetBlue avoid the massive, costly, baggage-malfunction-driven delays that hit British Airways’ new Heathrow Terminal 5. JetBlue’s Terminal 5 is slated to open in September. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Rolex dealers, as Wall Street bankers’ hefty bonuses will be cut by up to 45 percent this year, according to compensation consultancy Johnson Associates. Senior management will see the biggest percentage cuts, Johnson forecast, as banks bleed money and most Americans pinch pennies. Hedge fund managers and real estate brokers can look for 10- to 15-percent cuts. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
Subscribe to the Week