gribusiness giant Monsanto is looking to sell its dairy hormone business, which makes the artificial growth hormone Posilac, also called bovine somatotropin (BST). Posilac can increase a cow’s milk production by a gallon a day, but several countries ban it and consumer leeriness has prompted most U.S. milk sellers to avoid using it. Monsanto says BST is safe, and that Posilac is selling well. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week