Shine a Light
The Rolling Stones “take center stage” in this rockumentary, said the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The film “crackles with electricity” as director Martin Scorsese “deftly captures” the Stones in their element at New York’s Beacon Theatre in 2006. The DVD includes four additional songs.
War Games: 25th Anniversary Edition
This cautionary tale about the threat of nuclear war “holds up well,” said the San Jose Mercury News. Matthew Broderick stars as a teenage hacker who accidentally provokes a high-stakes confrontation while playing a computer game. The DVD’s extras include the short Tic Tac Toe: A True Story.
Two Fat Ladies: The Complete Series
Britain’s “high-camp, high-fat cooking show” was a gluttonous pleasure, said Entertainment Weekly. The series, which followed “chubby foodies” Jennifer Paterson and Clarissa Dickson Wright across the U.K., remains “delicious” on DVD. Extras include biographical documentaries on the fat ladies and a recipe book.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week