Santa Barbara, Calif.
Panoramic views of the Santa Ynez Mountains and Santa Cruz Island, 26 miles in the distance, are two free perks for guests of the newly renovated Canary Hotel, said Maria Shollenbarger in Travel + Leisure. Formerly called the Andalucia, this 97-room hotel has been given an “Alhambra-meets-Pacific” makeover. The 1,500-square-foot terrace features a pool, two fireplaces, and a fountain; hallways are covered in bright turquoise burlap and accented with Moroccan lanterns; and the lobby “positively radiates California warmth.” Unfortunately, the view from the Coast Restaurant is of a gas station and a bus depot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week