Morgan Freeman was seriously injured this week after he drove his car off a Mississippi highway, flipping it several times. The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. Freeman and his wife, Myrna, live near Charleston, Miss., on a 126-acre ranch—the same land that Freeman’s grandparents worked when Freeman was a child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week