Morgan Freeman was seriously injured this week after he drove his car off a Mississippi highway, flipping it several times. The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. Freeman and his wife, Myrna, live near Charleston, Miss., on a 126-acre ranch—the same land that Freeman’s grandparents worked when Freeman was a child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week