Morgan Freeman was seriously injured this week after he drove his car off a Mississippi highway, flipping it several times. The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. Freeman and his wife, Myrna, live near Charleston, Miss., on a 126-acre ranch—the same land that Freeman’s grandparents worked when Freeman was a child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
Subscribe to the Week