Morgan Freeman was seriously injured this week after he drove his car off a Mississippi highway, flipping it several times. The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. Freeman and his wife, Myrna, live near Charleston, Miss., on a 126-acre ranch—the same land that Freeman’s grandparents worked when Freeman was a child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- These vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons offer a delightful glimpse into pop culture past
Subscribe to the Week