Morgan Freeman was seriously injured this week after he drove his car off a Mississippi highway, flipping it several times. The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. Freeman and his wife, Myrna, live near Charleston, Miss., on a 126-acre ranch—the same land that Freeman’s grandparents worked when Freeman was a child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week