Mary-Kate Olsen is refusing to cooperate with an investigation into Heath Ledger’s fatal drug overdose unless she is granted immunity from prosecution, said the New York Post this week. Olsen was the first person Ledger’s masseuse contacted when she discovered the actor’s body in his apartment in January; reports at the time indicated that Olsen then dispatched her personal bodyguards to the scene. The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to determine where Ledger got OxyContin, the only drug in his system for which he did not have a prescription.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week