Mary-Kate Olsen is refusing to cooperate with an investigation into Heath Ledger’s fatal drug overdose unless she is granted immunity from prosecution, said the New York Post this week. Olsen was the first person Ledger’s masseuse contacted when she discovered the actor’s body in his apartment in January; reports at the time indicated that Olsen then dispatched her personal bodyguards to the scene. The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to determine where Ledger got OxyContin, the only drug in his system for which he did not have a prescription.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week