Mary-Kate Olsen is refusing to cooperate with an investigation into Heath Ledger’s fatal drug overdose unless she is granted immunity from prosecution, said the New York Post this week. Olsen was the first person Ledger’s masseuse contacted when she discovered the actor’s body in his apartment in January; reports at the time indicated that Olsen then dispatched her personal bodyguards to the scene. The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to determine where Ledger got OxyContin, the only drug in his system for which he did not have a prescription.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 sentences that sound crazy but are still grammatical
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
Subscribe to the Week