Mary-Kate Olsen is refusing to cooperate with an investigation into Heath Ledger’s fatal drug overdose unless she is granted immunity from prosecution, said the New York Post this week. Olsen was the first person Ledger’s masseuse contacted when she discovered the actor’s body in his apartment in January; reports at the time indicated that Olsen then dispatched her personal bodyguards to the scene. The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to determine where Ledger got OxyContin, the only drug in his system for which he did not have a prescription.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week