ary-Kate Olsen is refusing to cooperate with an investigation into Heath Ledger’s fatal drug overdose unless she is granted immunity from prosecution, said the New York Post this week. Olsen was the first person Ledger’s masseuse contacted when she discovered the actor’s body in his apartment in January; reports at the time indicated that Olsen then dispatched her personal bodyguards to the scene. The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to determine where Ledger got OxyContin, the only drug in his system for which he did not have a prescription.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week