Lindsay Lohan last week told Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton to stay out of her personal life, after Bratton joked that the paparazzi had stopped paying attention to the actress now that she has “gone gay.” Tabloids have been speculating for months that Lohan is dating DJ Samantha Ronson, but the pair have not confirmed a romantic relationship. Bratton said he is a proponent of gay rights and meant no disrespect, but Lohan called his remarks “inappropriate.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week