Lindsay Lohan last week told Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton to stay out of her personal life, after Bratton joked that the paparazzi had stopped paying attention to the actress now that she has “gone gay.” Tabloids have been speculating for months that Lohan is dating DJ Samantha Ronson, but the pair have not confirmed a romantic relationship. Bratton said he is a proponent of gay rights and meant no disrespect, but Lohan called his remarks “inappropriate.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week