Lindsay Lohan last week told Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton to stay out of her personal life, after Bratton joked that the paparazzi had stopped paying attention to the actress now that she has “gone gay.” Tabloids have been speculating for months that Lohan is dating DJ Samantha Ronson, but the pair have not confirmed a romantic relationship. Bratton said he is a proponent of gay rights and meant no disrespect, but Lohan called his remarks “inappropriate.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week