Lindsay Lohan last week told Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton to stay out of her personal life, after Bratton joked that the paparazzi had stopped paying attention to the actress now that she has “gone gay.” Tabloids have been speculating for months that Lohan is dating DJ Samantha Ronson, but the pair have not confirmed a romantic relationship. Bratton said he is a proponent of gay rights and meant no disrespect, but Lohan called his remarks “inappropriate.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week