he pilots’ unions for Delta and Northwest approved a collective bargaining agreement, a key step in Delta’s efforts to acquire Northwest without mishap. The deal covers 12,000 pilots. The deal, which would create the world’s largest airline by traffic, was approved by European regulators last week; it still needs U.S. and shareholder approval. (AP in The New York Times) United Airlines pilots, meanwhile, called for the ouster of CEO Glenn Tilton, saying he’s running the airline into the ground. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How to flirt, according to science
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week