When track-and-field athletes set new world records at the Olympics or other major competitions, 35% of Americans say they suspect that the winners used performance-enhancing drugs. Of all Olympic athletes, sports fans are more suspicious of weight lifters, runners, cyclists, and gymnasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week