When track-and-field athletes set new world records at the Olympics or other major competitions, 35% of Americans say they suspect that the winners used performance-enhancing drugs. Of all Olympic athletes, sports fans are more suspicious of weight lifters, runners, cyclists, and gymnasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week