The Federal Aviation Administration proposed fining American Airlines $7.1 million for knowingly flying planes that needed repair work. The civil fine, one of the largest ever sought by the FAA, also covered allegations that American’s drug and alcohol testing programs were deficient. American can contest the fine. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Why is Obama still smoking?
Subscribe to the Week