he Federal Aviation Administration proposed fining American Airlines $7.1 million for knowingly flying planes that needed repair work. The civil fine, one of the largest ever sought by the FAA, also covered allegations that American’s drug and alcohol testing programs were deficient. American can contest the fine. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week