aul Newman “has only a few weeks to live,” a close family friend told the London Daily Mail last week. The 83-year-old actor has reportedly been suffering from lung cancer for the past year, but has declined to discuss his illness publicly. He was photographed leaving a New York City cancer center in a wheelchair so he could spend his final days at home with his wife, Joanne Woodward. “Paul didn’t want to die in the hospital,” said the source. “Joanne and his daughters are beside themselves with grief.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week