Paul Newman “has only a few weeks to live,” a close family friend told the London Daily Mail last week. The 83-year-old actor has reportedly been suffering from lung cancer for the past year, but has declined to discuss his illness publicly. He was photographed leaving a New York City cancer center in a wheelchair so he could spend his final days at home with his wife, Joanne Woodward. “Paul didn’t want to die in the hospital,” said the source. “Joanne and his daughters are beside themselves with grief.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week