Matthew McConaughey saved the placenta from his son’s birth last month and plans to plant it on his estate. “It’s going to be in the orchards and it’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” said the actor. The idea came to him after seeing a “placenta tree” nurtured by an aboriginal tribe in Australia. “The tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week