Matthew McConaughey saved the placenta from his son’s birth last month and plans to plant it on his estate. “It’s going to be in the orchards and it’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” said the actor. The idea came to him after seeing a “placenta tree” nurtured by an aboriginal tribe in Australia. “The tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week