atthew McConaughey saved the placenta from his son’s birth last month and plans to plant it on his estate. “It’s going to be in the orchards and it’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” said the actor. The idea came to him after seeing a “placenta tree” nurtured by an aboriginal tribe in Australia. “The tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week