Matthew McConaughey saved the placenta from his son’s birth last month and plans to plant it on his estate. “It’s going to be in the orchards and it’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” said the actor. The idea came to him after seeing a “placenta tree” nurtured by an aboriginal tribe in Australia. “The tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week