Matthew McConaughey saved the placenta from his son’s birth last month and plans to plant it on his estate. “It’s going to be in the orchards and it’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” said the actor. The idea came to him after seeing a “placenta tree” nurtured by an aboriginal tribe in Australia. “The tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it,” he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week