Richard Dreyfuss last week sued his father and uncle for refusing to repay an $870,000 loan from 1984. The 60-year-old actor says he lent his relatives the money to bail them out of a bad real estate deal and hasn’t seen a penny since. Dreyfuss charged his father and uncle with “fraud” and is demanding his money back with interest and punitive damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week