Richard Dreyfuss last week sued his father and uncle for refusing to repay an $870,000 loan from 1984. The 60-year-old actor says he lent his relatives the money to bail them out of a bad real estate deal and hasn’t seen a penny since. Dreyfuss charged his father and uncle with “fraud” and is demanding his money back with interest and punitive damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week