Richard Dreyfuss last week sued his father and uncle for refusing to repay an $870,000 loan from 1984. The 60-year-old actor says he lent his relatives the money to bail them out of a bad real estate deal and hasn’t seen a penny since. Dreyfuss charged his father and uncle with “fraud” and is demanding his money back with interest and punitive damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week