Richard Dreyfuss last week sued his father and uncle for refusing to repay an $870,000 loan from 1984. The 60-year-old actor says he lent his relatives the money to bail them out of a bad real estate deal and hasn’t seen a penny since. Dreyfuss charged his father and uncle with “fraud” and is demanding his money back with interest and punitive damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week