Richard Dreyfuss last week sued his father and uncle for refusing to repay an $870,000 loan from 1984. The 60-year-old actor says he lent his relatives the money to bail them out of a bad real estate deal and hasn’t seen a penny since. Dreyfuss charged his father and uncle with “fraud” and is demanding his money back with interest and punitive damages.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The next pandemic
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week