wimming legend Mark Spitz is outraged that he wasn’t invited to attend the Beijing Olympics, and he refused to buy his own tickets. “I am going to sit there and watch Michael Phelps break my record anonymously?” he said. “That’s almost demeaning to me. It is not almost—it is.” Spitz added that he would have won the eight gold medals Phelps is shooting for if the Games had included all the same events when he competed in 1972.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week