alk about your trip. Though you might think creating a slide show or video is “cheesy,” showing images of or simply telling friends about a past vacation will help you “retain the experience yourself.”
Spark memories with scents. Keep a “sachet of Provençal herbs,” a bottle of sunscreen, or another sensory reminder of your vacation stowed away in an office drawer. Just a whiff can “transport you back even when the vacation seems far off.”
Keep vacation photos handy. Upload pictures from a recent getaway on your phone or computer or make them your screen saver. Revisiting a “restful scene allows you to recapture the feelings associated with the image.”
Source: Men’s Health
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
Subscribe to the Week