eant to evoke the lakeside cabin of Henry David Thoreau, the Walden makes “living off the grid” a little bit easier. It was originally created as a garden shed “complete with bird’s nest, fire cauldron,” and hooks for hanging rakes and shovels. But with a “carriage-like dining compartment and a ladder that leads to a mattress beneath the stars,” this so-called shed makes a “pretty great” home away from home. Price: $53,850 Contact: Moormann.de
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week