Meant to evoke the lakeside cabin of Henry David Thoreau, the Walden makes “living off the grid” a little bit easier. It was originally created as a garden shed “complete with bird’s nest, fire cauldron,” and hooks for hanging rakes and shovels. But with a “carriage-like dining compartment and a ladder that leads to a mattress beneath the stars,” this so-called shed makes a “pretty great” home away from home. Price: $53,850 Contact: Moormann.de
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week