Meant to evoke the lakeside cabin of Henry David Thoreau, the Walden makes “living off the grid” a little bit easier. It was originally created as a garden shed “complete with bird’s nest, fire cauldron,” and hooks for hanging rakes and shovels. But with a “carriage-like dining compartment and a ladder that leads to a mattress beneath the stars,” this so-called shed makes a “pretty great” home away from home. Price: $53,850 Contact: Moormann.de
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week