Meant to evoke the lakeside cabin of Henry David Thoreau, the Walden makes “living off the grid” a little bit easier. It was originally created as a garden shed “complete with bird’s nest, fire cauldron,” and hooks for hanging rakes and shovels. But with a “carriage-like dining compartment and a ladder that leads to a mattress beneath the stars,” this so-called shed makes a “pretty great” home away from home. Price: $53,850 Contact: Moormann.de
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week