Meant to evoke the lakeside cabin of Henry David Thoreau, the Walden makes “living off the grid” a little bit easier. It was originally created as a garden shed “complete with bird’s nest, fire cauldron,” and hooks for hanging rakes and shovels. But with a “carriage-like dining compartment and a ladder that leads to a mattress beneath the stars,” this so-called shed makes a “pretty great” home away from home. Price: $53,850 Contact: Moormann.de
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week